Monday, November 17, 2008

Online, Synchronous Learning with ConnectNow

Over the last year, I’ve been advocating the use of Adobe Connect as a web communication tool at work. Connect provides a platform in which to offer students live, synchronous classes online. During this time, I have been regularly asked if there are any products that are similar to Connect, but free? Well I finally found one worth noting. Over the weekend I started experimenting with ConnectNow, which is Adobe’s new suite of online tools in beta.

Like Adobe Connect, ConnectNow is a Flash-based platform that allows people to meet and collaborate online in real-time. Actually, minus a few features, I found ConnectNow to be a better product than Adobe Connect. Oh, and did I mention it's free? But, don't let my opinion sway your vote. Try the product for yourself by creating a free Adobe account and visiting Acrobat.com.

No comments: